Being involved in a car accident can be a very traumatic experience, often leaving you with significant injuries that can be debilitating and even life changing. If you’ve been injured in a car accident that wasn’t your fault, you have the right to make a claim for compensation.
As with any compensation claim, your main goal is to receive a settlement that sees you recovering all damages associated with the incident. These can include things such as:
- Loss of earnings
- Vehicle repairs (although these may have all been recovered through your insurance company)
- Cost of medical treatments, prescriptions, physiotherapy, counselling etc.
- Travel expenses to and from hospital appointments, extra travel costs incurred due to lack of vehicle
- Costs of any care whether this is in the form of a professional carer or a family member or friend
- Predicted future loss of earnings or medical treatment costs
How Long Will a Claim Take to Settle?
Each claim will vary, depending on the individual details of each case. Undisputed, straightforward claims can be settled in a matter of months; however more complicated injury claims can take longer as more in depth investigations will have to take place.
If you want to find out more about car accident settlements or you want to start your own claim, get in touch with us today and we will put you in touch with leading experts in the industry, who can help you reach a settlement that you’re happy with.